Writing notes isn’t just about ticking off a field in your to-do listing and even having good manners. It’s about delighting the recipient with a heartfelt, honest and, most of all, private type of communication.
Within the e book of Proverbs, King Soloman says that “A phrase fitly spoken is like apples of gold in footage of silver.” Fitly right here means “correctly,” and what’s a extra correct type of communication than a handwritten notice?
For many people, handwritten notes have been a staple of rising up with dad and mom who insisted that we write “correct” thanks notes for birthday presents, Christmas presents, graduations, showers and extra. Whereas we could have considered it as a matter of etiquette, it’s actually a lot greater than that.
Handwritten notes are in all probability the warmest and most private type of communication, so incorporating them as a part of your advertising plan is the proper technique to create a more in-depth relationship along with your sphere of affect. Right here’s why try to be writing them, instruments you must use and a few concepts for the right way to write them as properly.
Advantages of handwritten notes for actual property brokers
There’s a motive that handwritten notes are such a well-liked a part of so many brokers’ advertising plans. From new brokers to veterans, they provide unparalleled outcomes. Right here’s why they work so properly:
Everybody is aware of that actual property is a relationship enterprise, and handwritten notes assist to construct these relationships. As a result of they really feel so private and considerate, they make a giant impression and guarantee everybody from members of your SOI to results in referral companions that they’re particular to you — and worthy of your time and a spotlight.
Improved shopper satisfaction
The private outreach that handwritten notes present ends in improved shopper satisfaction. Nobody desires to really feel like they’re only a quantity. Each shopper you may have desires to really feel like your favourite. Reaching out with a handwritten notice can accomplish that, particularly while you embody private particulars.
Elevated probability of referrals
The connection you construct with handwritten notes can simply translate into extra referrals, particularly should you proceed to speak with previous purchasers lengthy after the closing. As a result of private notes are sometimes saved for months or years, they outlast nearly another sort of promoting collateral and maintain you prime of thoughts for years to return.
Varieties of handwritten notes for actual property brokers
Whilst you don’t want an excuse to ship a handwritten notice, listed below are some key instances within the lifecycle of your shopper relationship when a handwritten notice is especially welcome.
Whether or not you’re thanking them for his or her enterprise, for a referral or for being a pal, your recipient can be thrilled with a handwritten thanks notice. Discover loads of concepts and examples in my article: How you can write the proper thank-you notice assured to generate leads
Comply with-up notes
How do you retain your nice first impression going after a list appointment, purchaser session, or interviewing along with your dream workforce or brokerage? With a promptly delivered handwritten follow-up notice. Recap your dialog, finish along with your CTA (name to motion) and, as all the time, specific your honest gratitude.
‘Simply checking in’ notes
Haven’t heard from a favourite shopper or referral accomplice shortly? Attain out and renew the connection with a well-timed checking in notice. You by no means actually need an excuse to say “Hello” on this method, however if you need one try their social media feeds for latest life adjustments or accomplishments.
Fairly than sending out preprinted playing cards on the holidays, contemplate a handwritten notice as a substitute. Provide your warmest private needs on a sublime piece of stationery with a border shade that displays the season.
Suggestions for writing efficient handwritten notes
Wish to be sure that your handwritten notes are having the affect you need on the recipient? Preserve these tips in thoughts:
- Preserve it concise. This isn’t the time to provoke a protracted dialog. It’s simply an opportunity so that you can contact base. If you wish to have an extended dialog, achieve this by telephone or in particular person.
- Be private. Attempt to embody one thing in regards to the recipient or about their transaction to make your notice extra private and fewer generic.
- Use correct grammar and spelling. For those who’re not nice at these components, have somebody proofread your notes for accuracy.
- Use high-quality paper and pens. It could sound old style, however the kind of writing components you employ makes a distinction in the best way your notice is perceived. Spend money on heavyweight stationery and a high-quality pen with both darkish blue or black ink.
Finest practices for incorporating handwritten notes into your actual property enterprise
- Schedule time for notice writing, ideally as soon as every week or for a couple of minutes every day.
- Use a CRM to trace notes and the private particulars that make them more practical.
- Personalize notes for every recipient, referring to them the best way that you’d in actual life.
- Use handwritten notes together with digital communication to bolster your message and improve your contact.
- Practice your workforce or brokerage on the significance of handwritten notes and contemplate offering them with stationery and stamps so that they don’t have any excuse for not writing their notes. Contemplate holding collaborative note-writing classes to make it a enjoyable group exercise.
Writing notes isn’t just about ticking off a field in your to-do listing and even having good manners. It’s about delighting the recipient with a heartfelt, honest and, most of all, private type of communication. Incorporate handwritten notes into your outreach and see what an affect they’ve, each on you and on the individuals to whom you ship them.